Giti Wide Base Commercial Truck Tires Introduced in North America
The announcement on these “next generation” wide base tires, available in the 445/50R22.5 size, follows the announcement earlier this month introducing the Giti brand of commercial truck tires in North America with a comprehensive line-up for long haul, regional, urban/light duty and mixed service applications.
- Special tread compound for reduced rolling resistance and lower operating cost.
- Innovative sipe design for even contact pressure that minimizes irregular wear.
- Rugged lug pattern design for excellent traction and vehicle stability.
- Seven circumferential groove design which efficiently evacuates water.
The SmartWay-verified GTL933 FS is designed for excellent performance on the trailer axle position. In addition to the fuel-efficient tread compound, it features:
- Optimized tread design on the rib edges for minimizing irregular wear.
- Wide tread design with consistent contact patch pressure for long tread wear.
- Enhanced tread groove design for minimizing stone retention.
"These new wide base tires are great examples of the collaborative efforts by our own R&D Center in South Carolina and global network of R&D centers. Supplying good performing wide base tires certainly fills a need for our customers and is also a valid proof point for Giti TBR technology."Armand AllaireExecutive Vice President, Commercial Sales, Giti Tire (USA) Ltd.
Giti Tire provides original equipment commercial truck tires to more than 300 models of trucks and buses worldwide and has successful commercial dealer networks across the globe.