Next Generation GT Radial Commercial Tires Introduced in the U.S.
A comprehensive line-up of next generation GT Radial commercial truck tires is being rolled out in the U.S.A, including “Cross Regional” and “Cross Urban” products designed for fleets that perform a combination of long haul, regional and urban runs.
“GT Radial branding for our commercial truck tires aligns with naming of our extensive passenger and light truck tire products produced in both the U.S.A. and Indonesia. Together, this orientation will boost brand recognition for all our products,” said Armand Allaire, executive vice president of commercial sales for Giti Tire USA.
GT Radial commercial truck tires are manufactured in the company’s Indonesia factory. They are developed for U.S.A. roads and highways through a collaborative effort of Giti’s five global R&D centers, including the Chester, South Carolina, facility.
“The trend toward consumers wanting goods immediately is changing distribution and haul lengths. More fleets are performing a combination of long haul, regional and urban runs,” said Matthew Hanchana, senior sales technical and commercial marketing manager for Giti Tire USA. “The tread patterns and compounding innovations in our new Cross Regional and Cross Urban product lines are designed to operate efficiently in all of these applications.”
GT Radial commercial tires, including 11 tread patterns and 29 SKUs, are available now to U.S.A. tire dealers.
The GT Radial Cross Regional tires (GSR135FE, GDR335FE, GTR750FE) are SmartWay verified with optimized tread wear for combined regional and long-haul operations; typically, 70 to 80 percent on highways and 20 to 30 percent on regional roads.
Included in the Cross Regional category are:
- GSR135FE steer/all position tire in the 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 255/70R22.5 16PR, 11R24.5 16 PR, and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes.
- GDR33FE closed shoulder drive tire in the 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 11R24.5 16 PR, and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes.
- GDR688 open shoulder drive tire in 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 1124.5 16PR and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes.
- GTR750 FE trailer tire in the 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 11R24.5 16 PR, and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes.
- GTR955 trailer tire in the 215/75R17.5 16 PR and 235/75R17.5 16 PR sizes.
The GT Radial Cross Urban products are designed for mixed regional and urban operations; typically, 70 to 80 percent in urban environments and 20 to 30 percent on regional roads. The tread patterns are designed to deliver outstanding traction, while the sidewall construction and compounding were developed to combat high scrub rates.
Cross Urban tires include:
- GSR139 all position tire in 225/70R19.5 14PR and 245/70R19.5 16PR sizes.
- GDR339 drive position tire in 225/70R19.5 14PR and 245/70R19.5 16PR sizes.
- GAM535 all position tire in 11R22.5 16 PR and 11R24.5 16PR sizes.
- GAM876 all position tire in 385/65R22.5 18PR and 425/65R22.5 20PR sizes.
All GT Radial commercial truck tires are covered by a six-year limited warranty and two retread casing warranty.
About GT Radial
GT Radial tires sold in the United States are “American engineered” at the company’s technical center in Chester, SC. Beginning operations in 2017, the company’s South Carolina plant is one of the world’s most advanced tire manufacturing facilities.
GT Radial tires are sold by a comprehensive network of independent tire dealers across America.